As you can see from the countdown clock on our home page, White Rose Thunder ® is coming again in 2013, for our second year. Those who joined us for our inaugural year experienced full throttle fun & excitement. Our event will only get better. Here are some details for you as you plan to attend WRT 2013:
Where – The York Expo Center, located at 334 Carlisle Avenue, York, Pennsylvania, 17404.
When – Here are the 2013 dates and hours
Thursday, September 26, from noon until 10pm
Friday, September 27, from 10am until 10pm
Saturday, September 28, from 10am until 10pm
Sunday, September 29, from 10am until 4pm
Schedule - We had a great time last year, and 2013 promises to be even better. To see all that we have planned so far, click here
Site Map - To see a site map, including points of access and traffic patterns for 2012, click here
Admission Costs –After you enter, you will have access to all attractions, including flat track motorcycle racing, shows, concerts and more!
- The admission cost, per person, per day is
- THURSDAY $10
- FRIDAY $15
- SATURDAY $15
- SUNDAY $10
- BUT, you can get a 4 DAY PASS for $35.
- 4 DAY PASSES can be purchased in ADVANCE (to get a 4 day pass in advance to lock in your admission and savings, please send a check made payable to White Rose Thunder, LLC, at 6001 Shady Dell Road, Dover, PA 17315. We’ll send you correspondence to assure your admission during the event)
- Each child under 12 is free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- If you want to get into the racing action, you can get a PIT PASS, which will be $25 per day (which includes admission for the day)
- Cycle, Handicapped & Cars - We will offer available parking on site for motorcycles & handicapped attendees (macadam) and cars (grass), at no additional charge. Please enter at Gate 6, off Highland Avenue or Gate 4, West Market Street.
- Offsite - If the parking on the Expo Center grounds is full, then please take advantage of the nearby offsite parking offered by various landowners.
- The Bus - If you want to park a little further way but get delivered in style, rabbit transit, our exemplary public transportation provider, can help. You can park at in the Yellow Lot of the nearby West Manchester Mall, get picked up by a really nice, red bus, and get dropped off on Bannister Street, near Adams Street, which allows for a short walk to our Highland Avenue entrance gate. The fare is $1.50 each way. For additional information about transportation, see www.rabbittransit.org, or shopping, see www.shopwestmanchestermall.com
Security – We’ll have plenty. We want you to have a great time but keep things safe. Accordingly, we have arranged for police security during White Rose Thunder ®. The skilled officers of the West Manchester Township Police department will be on the Expo Center premises at all times. There will be an on-site police command post in the Grandstand Annex building. The York City and York Area Regional Police Departments will provide officers too, including a K-9 unit. Additionally, the West York Borough Police Department and Fire Police will be present in the Borough, to the immediate west of the Expo Center.
No weapons, alcohol, drugs or pets (except service dogs) may be brought onto the York Expo Center premises. All other Expo Center rules apply too.
Please Ride Sober! - Local law enforcement officials have announced that they will be acting to save lives by stopping and arresting motorcyclists who choose to ride while impaired. We ask that you plan carefully and don’t drink & ride. For an overview on the Ride Sober or Get Pulled Over initiative, please click here for. For the FACT sheet, click here.
Medical – Memorial Hospital is our medical services provider. There will be an ambulance, on-site cart, paramedics, and EMT’s at the Expo Center during White Rose Thunder ® hours of operation. On race day, there’ll be even more. The first aid center will be in the building adjacent to the south side of the Toyota Arena.
Food – The York Expo Center knows how to feed people, as it does so every year during the York Fair. So, the Expo Center has arranged for its best food vendors to come and to make sure you have plenty of awesome food and tasty beverages while you are on site. For a list of the food vendors, click here.
Please be courteous & careful – We expect the excitement to be revving during all 4 days of White Rose Thunder ®. We ask you to be considerate of others and our community. Drive with care. And if you have had too much to drink, stay off your bike. The police are here to help you, not to harass you. But you must do your part by obeying the law and being considerate of others. Be safe – we want you to come back next year!
Speaking of next year – Yes, we are planning for White Rose Thunder ® in 2014. It will be the last full weekend in September, 25-28. We expect it to be bigger and better, so mark your calendar now!
From The North - Take I83 S to Exit 22 (N George St). At first traffic light, make a right. At the second traffic light, make a right on to 30 W. Stay in right hand lane and watch for Carlisle Ave./Rt. 74 Exit.* At end of exit, turn left at traffic light on to Carlisle Ave (74 S). Stay in left-hand lane. The Center is approx. 1 mile on the right-hand side.
From The South - Take I83 N to Exit 15 (S George St) At the third traffic light (Country Club Rd) make a left. At the second traffic light (Richland Ave) make a right turn; stay on Richland Ave until the sixth traffic light (W Market St) make a left. The Expo Center is approx. 2 blocks down on the right-hand side.
From the East - Take Rt. 30 West to Carlisle Ave./Rt. 74 Exit. At end of exit, make a left at the traffic light (74 S). Stay in left-hand lane. The Center is approx. 1 mile on the right-hand side.
From the West - From Rt. 30 take Route 462 (W. Market St). Follow Market St. to Highland Ave. Turn left onto Highland Ave. to the Center on right.
We have created and are printing an Event Guide for White Rose Thunder®. You can read it now, if you click here. We will have copies available at our event. The Guide includes our schedule, maps, and racing information. It also includes advertisements from business that to see you. They will be offering great food & drink, outstanding entertainment, quality goods and top notch services just for you. Please take time to visit them!
The Guide includes all of our Sponsors. For information about them, please click the Sponsor tab on our website.
It also includes the following businesses, who put a full page advertisement in the Guide to support White Rose Thunder® and to get your attention:
The Roadhouse Café by the Altland House www.altlandhouse.com
Waterway Bar & Grill www.waterwaybar.com
The Cove www.thecoveyork.com
Wrightsville Inn Grille & Drafthouse www.wrightsvilleinn.com
The All-Star National Flat Track Series – 1st Annual Armin Hostetter Classic www.trail-wayspeedway.com
Winebrenner Motor Service www.winebrenners.com
Hanover Eagles Aerie #1406 www.hanovereagles1406.com
Check out their websites, see what they have to offer, and plan to visit them when you are in town for White Rose Thunder®!
Do you want updates on White Rose Thunder®? Sign up for our e-newsletter today and receive updates, so you know what is happening with our event. As a bonus, all newsletter recipients are automatically entered in a drawing for free gift certificates, which will be awarding during the event so they can be used to buy gear or services from our vendors.